SAT 23 MARCH- SUN 24 MARCH 2013
An introduction to winter backcountry touring, designed by women, for women, aiming to inspire and encourage those who want to challenge themselves to reach their full potential and meet like-minded individuals.
SCOTT MISSION WOW presents a unique weekend adventure opportunity female for skiers and snowboarders. With 3 successful years under the belt, this forth year the camp will stride confidently out of the Chamonix Valley, through the Mont Blanc tunnel and into Val Ferret near Courmayeur, Italy. The camp will be coached, led and inspired by some of Europe’s top female mountain guides- Ulrika Asp, Isabelle Santoire, Caroline George and Pia Palm.
The goal of the event is to provide an affordable fun, non-threatening environment that encourages women to step into the backcountry, developing skills and experiences to share with like-minded individuals. Thanks to the continued support from SCOTT sports, this is made possible.
The journey will take the women to the Refugio Bonatti, part of the Tour du Mont Blanc on the Italian side. Stunning views, delicious meals and Italian coffee await your arrival.
If you’re asking yourself ‘Is this for me?’ and you have good general fitness, can make effective turns off-piste and are up for an adventure, then YES it is! SCOTT touring skis and skins will be available to borrow for the whole weekend and back-country safety gear will on hand for those who don’t have their own yet. Car pooling will be arranged from Chamonix with a meeting point in Courmayeur early on Saturday 23rd morning.
- Registration for SCOTT MISSION WOW
- Goodie bag
- SCOTT touring skis and Colltex skins to demo for weekend
- Back-country safety gear- transceiver, shovel & probe to borrow if you don’t have
- Sat dinner & dorm bed in Refuge Bonatti
- Mountain guides coached sessions on transceiver searches, touring techniques and moving safely in the back-country
- Sunday- breakfast and then ski tour with guide, continuing skills practice.
- Closing drink at hotel
- One ticket for raffle draw for pair of SCOTT skis, more tickets available for purchase at €10 each, all profits go to local community project
Lunch Sat & Sun
Transfer from Chamonix to Italy
Accommodation pre and post event Chamonix
Fri 22 March 5pm at Ravanell rental shop in Chamonix to fit skis and intro (optional if you already have your own gear)
Sat 23 March– leave Chamonix 9am to travel through tunnel to Italy. Will arrange carpooling.
Sun 24 March– raffle and closing drink 4pm hotel in Cormayeaur TBC
Places are limited and fill up quickly.
check out the video from last year